Our safari experts are always here to help.
The TripBuilder is a great tool, but it will never replace the expertise and personal attention of our planners.
Our American Office
824 Healdsburg Avenue
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Mon-Fri 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST
Our Africa Office
Phone: 27 21 433 2752
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM SAST (GMT +2)
The Bushtracks Advantage
- We Make African Safari Planning Easy: Our safari planners in the U.S.A are on Pacific Time every day turning complex logistics into seamless safaris. They discuss your safari in person, and book directly with the lodges and camps. They thoroughly prepare you for your safari; protect your payments in a Travelers’ Trust Account; provide medical and trip insurance; eliminate currency fluctuations and foreign transaction fees; monitor your trip progress; and follow up on your return.
- Depth of Knowledge: We have current knowledge and deep ties with Africa and its safari operations, accumulated over 20 years. Our expansive experience is recognized by thousands of travelers and prestigous institutions such as National Geographic and the Smithsonian. This means we can open doors to special places and local connections, introduce you to a key guide or field researcher, bring in a professional photographer, set your children up with pen pals and a soccer game, and much much more.
- We Operate our Own Safaris: Bushtracks is based in Africa and we operate our own safaris. Our family has lived and worked there for six generations, and we have operational bases in four countries supported by more than 50 local guides, drivers, and support staff. This means we can deliver spontaneous opportunities, time your visit with a local events, and share our secret spots.
- Unusually High Repeat and Referral Rate: For over 20 years we have hosted thousands of loyal Bushtracks travelers, many of whom have been to Africa several times. One couple has traveled to Africa 13 times with us! All their testimonies speak for themselves, and references are readily available.
- The Highest Value: We deliver high quality experiences at a competitive price, which can sometimes be 15% less than other companies. So how do we achieve this? We have close, 20 year relationships with the premier safari lodges and aircraft operators in Africa, and send them a substantial number of guests each year which has earned Bushtracks the best rates available. Booking directly with us also means you eliminate the middleman, communicate your preferences directly to us, get first-hand advice from our Africa specialists, and receive a custom itinerary designed just for you.
- Delivering Customized Quality: It is one thing to claim quality, another to deliver it consistently. Being an African company, running our own custom safaris, with our own safari specialists in the U.S. who talk directly to you, means we can customize your itinerary exactly the way you want it. In short we control the quality from start to finish.
- On the Ground Reliability: Our in-depth knowledge and extensive risk management policy means a safe and life-affirming experience for our travelers on every safari. Being on the ground with operations in Africa also means we are there for you 24 hours a day.
- Our Innovative “Build Your Trip” Tool: Plan a safari of your dreams rather than take one "off the shelf". Only Bushtracks’s Build Your Trip tool empowers you to create your own safari online, and it’s easy. Start with a proven itinerary and customize it, or build your trip from scratch. Take as long as you like to mix and match lodges, activities, and prices. And when you are ready, call our safari planners and ask questions, or have them polish it to perfection before you book.
- Our Proprietary Experience in Aviation: All safaris include some type of flying on local airlines, light aircraft, or private charters. Bushtracks has accumulated 20 years of hands-on aviation experience and direct relationships with the premier aircraft operators in Africa which means we can get you to your safari camps quickly and safely, allowing you more time game viewing, sightseeing, and enjoying the magical African lifestyle.